Monday, November 24, 2008

Essay 2 Reflection

This essay was without a doubt one of the worst I have ever written. There were other things going on in my life that distracted me and left me unfocused. The time frame felt too short as well. I had a horrible time with research, I'm not sure if it was the use of the data bases or maybe I wasn’t creative enough with my search terms.

There was nothing I did well or enjoyed on this essay. I resented the “analytical with creative elements”, Even though Craig said that could have been simply a guideline. I didn’t like that we were split into states. Although the one thing I liked was the community posting of useful sources, that was potentially helpful.

I feel the best way to learn from this experience is to either
A. Forget everything about this essay and move on or
B. Look at this essay as a negative example for all further writing.

Next time we start an essay, hopefully there won’t be so much going on at home so I will be able to focus and really put some time into my research. If that happens, maybe Ill have something worth reading next time.

No comments: